Monday, March 7, 2011

Perspectives

Beginning in January 2011 I have been taking "Perspectives on the World Christian Movement". This course will go through May. I am greatly excited and encouraged by what this class is teaching me about the scriptures, God's passion for His glory to be displayed among the nations, and how Jesus Christ fulfilled God's purpose to reveal His glory to the world in order to receive glory from the nations. These have been very rich truths that I am trying to digest. It is more like drinking from a fire hose, but as much as my thirst is being quenched, I am finding myself even more thirsty and hungry to learn and even more anxious to see Christ exalted in places where His Gospel has little or no presence.

That being said, I have created this blog to detail my thoughts and lessons that I am learning through this class, my study of the scriptures, and through the doors God is opening that seem to be catapulting me into the world of missions; or should I say His "Mission for the World". It  has been a humbling, exciting, and completely overwhelming time in my life as God has revealed Himself to me in ways I have never before experienced. His scriptures are being opened up to me in ways I have never before seen. And He is opening doors that I have never before thought possible.

I encourage those of you who read this to share your thoughts, critiques, and prayers. I am but a finite man who is seeking to understand the infinite God's heart. I am fallible; He is not. But by His grace, my thoughts and desires will become one with His. I pray that any of you who read this will help me to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment